Take the TransCanada Highway west to Banff.
After you reach the Banff National Park Gates, it will be another 15 minute drive (15km).
Take the First Banff Exit.
Turn left at the stop sign (onto Banff Ave).
The Rocky Mountain Resort is approx 1 minute (1km) from the exit.
You will find the Rocky mountain Resort on your left.
Feel free to pull up out front and check in.
Rocky Mountain Resort 1029 Banff Avenue, Banff
View Banff Rocky Mountain Resort in a larger map
Places of Interest
The Banff Rocky Mountain Resort is located at 1029 Banff Ave. Banff Ave is the main street in town with many hotels, restaurants shops and boutiques. Here are a number of great activities, viewpoints, and trails.
- Banff Gondola - Take a trip to the top of the Sulphur Mountain.
- Mount Norquay - Down hill skiing, day lodge, tubing. Night skiing is offered at this hill.
- Canoe Docks - Rent a canoe here!
- Banff Rotary Park - Kids playground, benches, green space.
- Tunnel Mountain Hike Trail Head
- Train Station - You will arrive here if you are coming by train. Welcome to Banff!
- Bow Falls - Great picture taking here.
- Legacy Trail - The trail head for the Legacy bike trail is here. Paved trail that is great for the beginner bike ride.
- HooDoo - Great viewpoint for taking photos.
- Downtown area
- Cave & Basin - Banff National historic site. Home of the endangered Banff Snail.
Walk around and see the marsh loop, bird watching and boardwalk trails.
Click on the blue points on the map to find the locations.